Make a lucrative career with Certified Management Accounting (CMA) benchmark designation in the field of management accounting.
CMA® - Certified Management Accountant
Exam Preparatory Training
Enroll in our Upcoming
CMA Preparatory Course in UAE
Fill in the form below to receive a callback
The CMA ( Certified Management Accountant ) certification , administered by IMA (Institute of Management Accountants) provides internationally valid recognition for financial professionals aspiring to pursue managerial and strategic roles.
Through CMA credential, one demonstrates their skill not only in technical accounting but also quantitative analysis, planning & control, process improvement, logical reasoning and decision-making which are the critical components in the financial world.
The CMA Certification consists of two parts .
- Part 1 involves financial reporting, planning, performance, and control and
- Part 2 involves strategic financial management
The CMA Exam Preparatory course from Quadra plus designed to give you the required expertise and knowledge at three levels viz., a) understanding and comprehension; b) application and analysis; and c) synthesis and evaluation of the concepts needed to excel as a management accountant and clearing the CMA examination.
This course conducted by experts involve both theoretical and practical insight on the concepts using scenarios, exercises and mock practice questions.
CMA Part I
- Understand the components of financial statements, concept of Integrated Reporting (IR) and utilize financial reporting to make decisions.
- Recognize how to use financial information to set short- term and long-term goals in align with organization’s strategic plan.
- Evaluate and budget for proposed initiatives and forecast future revenues and expenditures.
- Determine performance standards and acquire insights on balance score card, costing systems, value chain analysis, benchmarking.
- Demonstrate an understanding of internal control risk and the management of internal control risk.
- Demonstrate an understanding of corporate governance, including rights and responsibilities of major stakeholders and the procedures for making corporate decisions.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the accounting information system cycles, including revenue to cash, expenditures, production, human resources and payroll, financing, and property, plant, and equipment, as well as the general ledger (GL) and reporting system.
- Demonstrate the concept of technology enabled finance information and application of Robotic Process Automation (RPA), Block chain, Distributed Ledger etc.,
- Demonstrate an understanding of the accounting information system cycles, different types of data analytics and analytical model.
CMA Part II
- Prepare and analyze common-size financial statements and perform vertical analysis.
- Prepare a comparative financial statement to perform horizontal analysis.
- Calculate and interpret financial ratios to understand liquidity of current liabilities.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the effect on the capital structure and solvency of a company with a change in the composition of debt vs. equity by calculating leverage ratios.
- Describe the impact of market fluctuations on financial ratios.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the relationship between risk and return.
- Demonstrate corporate restructuring concepts like mergers and acquisitions divestiture concepts.
- Demonstrate an understanding of how cost/volume/profit (CVP) analysis to examine the behavior of total revenues, total costs, and operating income.
- Define capital budgeting and identify the steps or stages undertaken in developing and implementing a capital budget for a project.
- Explain Capital investment analysis methods, payback and discounted payback methods.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the following moral philosophies and concepts used in making business decisions: teleology, utilitarianism, deontology, relativism, virtue ethics, and justice.
- Explain ethical considerations for management accounting and financial management professionals using the standards outlined in IMA’s Statement of Ethical Professional Practice.
CMA Part I - Financial, Performance, and Analytics
I. External Financial Reporting Decisions - 15%
- Financial statements
- Integrated reporting
- Asset valuation
- Liabilities valuations
- Income taxes
- Equity transactions
- Revenue recognition
- Income measurement
- GAAP and IFRS
II. Planning, Budgeting, and Forecasting - 20%
- Strategic planning
- Budgeting concepts
- Forecasting techniques
- Budget methodologies
- Annual profit plan and supporting schedules
- Top level planning and analysis
III. Performance Management - 20%
- Cost and variance measures
- Responsibility centers and reporting segments
- Performance measures
IV. Cost Management - 15%
- Measurement concepts
- Costing systems
- Overhead costs
- Supply chain management
- Business process improvement
V. Internal Controls - 15%
- Governance, risk and compliance
- Systems controls and security measures
VI. Technology and Analytics - 15%
- Information systems
- Data governance
- Technology-enabled finance transformation
- Data analytics
CMA Part II - Strategic Financial Management
I Financial Statement Analysis - 20%
- Basic financial statement analysis
- Financial ratios
- Profitability analysis
- Special issues
II Corporate Finance - 20%
- Risk and return
- Long-term financial management
- Raising capital
- Working capital management
- Marketable securities, inventory , cash and accounts receivable
- Corporate restructuring
- International finance
III Decision Analysis - 25%
- Cost / volume / profit analysis
- Marginal analysis
IV Risk Management - 10%
- Enterprise risk management
- VaR – Value at risk calculations
V Investment Decisions - 10%
- Capital budgeting process
- Capital investment analysis methods
VI Professional Ethics - 15%
- Business ethics
- Ethical considerations for management accounting and financial management professionals
- Fraud Triangle Model
- Ethical considerations for the organization
KHDA Approved Certificate
Project Based Training
Hands on Practice
Post Training Support