Gain advanced knowledge in HVAC concepts and tools and enhance your employability skills in HVAC Design.
Course on HVAC Designing
Book Free Demo; Get the Best Price for HVAC Design
Fill in the form below to receive a callback
Heating, Ventilating and Air Conditioning – HVAC Design Training enables the beginners and the working practitioners to gain practical training in HVAC fundamentals, equipment and systems. This HVAC Design course trains the learners on how to design HVAC systems to increase energy efficiency and improve indoor environmental quality. HVAC Design course also includes necessary tools such as HAP ( Hourly Analysis Program), MCQUAY Duct Sizer etc., to enable the application of the principles.
At the completion of this course, learners will be able to
- Understand HVAC fundamentals in detail to start HVAC Design to enter in MEP industry.
- Learn the basic principles of HVAC System Design , operation and determining Capacity requirements.
- Learn the various types of air conditioning systems, ventilation systems.
- Understand various heat removal methods , cooling systems.
- Recognize the various properties of ideal refrigerants, selecting appropriate refrigerants.
- Understand the Various components and sub components of HVAC system.
- Use HAP ( Hourly Analysis Program) to perform heat load calculations to ensure energy efficiency.
- Apply MCQUAY Duct Sizer to calculate appropriate duct size.
I. Preface To HVAC With Basic Components In Refrigeration Cycle
- Fundamentals of Heating, Ventilation and Air conditioning.
- Basic Refrigeration system or Refrigeration cycle.
- Details of Compressor, Condenser, Evaporator and Expansion devices.
- Types of Heat Transfer.
- Sensible Heat, Latent Heat.
- Psychometric chart and usage of Psychometric chart.
- Dry bulb temperature, wet bulb temperature, dew point temperature.
- Relative humidity, sensible heat ratios.
II. Classification of Air Conditioning System
- Direct Expansion and Chilled water systems.
- Window type air conditioners, Split type Air conditioners, Centralized air conditioners, Variable Refrigerant volume (VRV) systems.
- Chilled water Fan coil units (FCU), Air Handling units (AHUs) and Fresh Handling Units (FAHUs).
- Chillers, Condensing units, District Cooling Plants.
- Local authority guide lines in HVAC Design.
III. Full Architecture Drawings With Live Project Using U.A.E Municipality U- Values And HAP Software And E-20 Software For Approval
- Main plan drawing (parking, G.F, 1st, 2nd….,)
- Enlargement drawing
- Windows schedule drawing
- Section drawing
- Elevation drawing
IV. Air Conditioning Design As Per Local Authority And International Level.
- Details of Space load and Load factors.
- Thumb rules for heat load estimation.
- HVAC Standards units and Conversion Factors.
- Heat Load calculation Manual E20 calculation, Excel software.
- HAP software (software shall be provided to students).
- Equipment selections.
- Manufacture data for Equipment selections with reference to the calculated cooling load.
- Static Pressure Calculation (external static + internal static) using ASHRAE STANDARD FUNDAMENTAL for Fan and Motor selection.
- Acoustics and Noise levels.
- COP and EER values.
- U-Value selection.
- Thermal Load summary sheet, Window schedule, U value calculation sheet preparations for Dubai Municipality.
- Sample HAP calculations.
V. Ventilation System Design ASHRAE Standard 62.1 And ACH (Air Changes Per Hour).
- Treated fresh air design as per municipality requirement more than 1000 l/s using ASHRAE STANDARD 62.1 for reference.
- Treated fresh air equipment FAHU selection with thermal heat recovery wheel.
- Untreated fresh air design as per ASHRAE 62.1 STANDARD.
- SAND TRAP LOUVER (STL) Selection for untreated fresh air.
- ERV (ENERGY RECOVERY VENTILATOR) Selection with thermal heat recovery wheel.
- Exhaust Airflow Design and Fan Selection (wall mounted and inline ducted) for low rise and Midrise building.
- Exhaust airflow design for ERV selection.
- Exhaust Airflow Design and FAHU Selection For High Rise Building And Malls.
- Smoke Ventilation Systems For Low Rise, Midrise, High Rise And Super High Rise Buildings.
- Selection Of Ecology Units (ESP AND CARBON FILTERS)
- Selection Of Kitchen Hoods( Wall Type And Island Type)
- Example Calculations And Selections.
VI. Smoke Management Systems Fans Design in Case of Fire Incident As Per Civil Defence Requirements
- Smoke extract airflow design and fan selection.
- Make up airflow design and fan selection
- Staircase pressurization design (NFPA 92, TABLE A.4.6.1 AND CIVIL DEFENCE) and fan selection.
- Lift pressurization airflow calculation and fan selection.
- Car parking smoke extract and make up airflow calculation and fan selection as per GREEN BUILDING REGULATION (Dubai municipality).
- CO Sensor and VFD selection for smoke extract system in car parking.
VII. Duct Designing, Fan And Motor Selection As Per ASHRAE Fundamentals
- Duct Designing – Equal friction Method and Equal velocity Method.
- Duct Aspect Ratio and Duct Sizing.
- Duct Materials Selection and Gauges Selection.
- Classification of Low, Medium and High pressure ducts.
- McQuay Duct Sizer Software.
- Sample Duct Designing.
- Detailed ESP Calculation.
- Air balancing methods.
VIII. Duct Accessories Design and Selection
- Selection of Grills and Diffusers – Velocity, Pressure drop and Throw.
- Volume Control Dampers, Motorized dampers and Variable Air Volume.
- Fire Dampers, Motorized Fire Dampers and Smoke Fire dampers Applications as per Dubai Civil Defense.
- Acoustic Lining and Thermal Insulation Details.
- Selection of Sand Trap Louvers, Gravity Louvers.
- Example Selection from Catalogues.
IX. Chilled Water Systems Design As Per District Cooling (EMICOOL, EMPOWER, TABREED) And International Level (Air Cool Chiller And Water Cool Chiller With Cooling Tower)
- Selection of Chillers and Types of Chillers.
- Air Cool and Water Cool Chiller details.
- Chiller and Cooling tower TR calculation and Selection.
- Primary Chilled Water pump and Secondary Chilled Water Pumps Working and Selection.
- Chilled Water Pump Head calculation.
- Chilled Water Pipe Sizing.
- McQuay Pipe Sizing Software and Usage.
- Chilled Water Balancing.
- Selection of Heat Exchanger.
X. Chilled Water Piping Accessories Design And Selection
- Chilled Water Pipes And Fittings Material Selections.
- Chilled Water Pipe Insulation And Cladding Details.
- Chilled Water Valves – 2 Way Valves, 3 Way Valves, Butter Fly Valves, Gate Valves, Double Regulating Valves, Thermostats, Pressure Gauges, Test Points, Strainers, Non- Return Valves, Pressure Independent Control Valves And Air Vents.
XI. Engineering Drawings
- IFC (Issue for Construction) And Shop Drawing Like
- Air Conditioning Drawing
- Ventilations Drawing
- Smoke Management Systems Drawing
- Chilled Water System Drawing
- Standard Shop Drawing Legends and Line Types.
- Operational and Maintenance Of HVAC Systems
XII.Reference (ASHRAE, Green Building Regulations, Civil Defence And International Building Code)
- Standards –ASHRAE Handbook for Heating, ventilation and air-conditioning systems and equipments, Carrier Design Handbooks, ASHRAE 62.1, Dubai Municipality Regulations, Green Building Regulations, and Dubai Civil Defense Regulations
- Software – Carrier Hap 4.9 / 5.0, McQuay pipe sizer, McQuay Duct Sizer, ASHRAE Duct Fitting Database.
KHDA Approved Certificate
Project Based Training
Hands on Practice
Post Training Support