Get certified as a Patient Care Assistant from AMCA ( American Medical Certification Association ) – the leading allied healthcare certification body in USA.
Nursing Assistant / Patient Care Assistant Certification Course
Enroll in our Upcoming
Nursing Assistant Certification Course in UAE
Fill in the form below to receive a callback
This course qualifies you to take the Patient Care / Nursing Assistant exam of AMCA . As a certified nursing or patient care assistant , you can give basic nursing care viz., measure patient vital signs, record and report patient health information and serve as principal caregivers under the supervision of Registered Nurse. Being an AMCA approved testing centre, now you can take your AMCA exams with Quadra Plus directly.
This course is open to anyone who is above 18 years of age and has no specific prerequisites such as prior experience or education in patient care.
At the completion of this course, learners will be able to
- Describe basic functions of main body systems and body positioning.
- Demonstrating knowledge of vital signs, first aid, wound care, CPR.
- Understand patient’s bill of rights.
- Interact appropriately and model professional behavior while interacting with patients.
- Apply appropriate practices to ensure patient safety using OSHA standards.
- Demonstrate knowledge of medications and effects on patients .
- Recognize and understand medical terminologies and root words.
I Anatomy & Physiology
- Basic functions of main body systems
- Circulatory system
- Urinary system
- Different body positioning
- Names of medications
- Routes of administration
- Effects of medications on patients
III OSHA and Infection Control
- Laboratory safety policies and procedures
- Transmission modes and methods of prevention
- Labelling biohazards specimens
- Nosocomial infections
- Regulations regarding safety practices
- OSHA standards precautions
- Infection control practices
- Disease prevention practices
- Biological and fire hazards
- Electrical and radiation hazards
- OSHA hazard communication
- Material safety data sheet
- Ensure patient safety – Inpatient setting
- Ensure patient safety – Outpatient setting
- Ensure patient safety – Pediatric patient setting
IV Medical Law and Ethics
- Maintaining patient confidentiality
- Workplace diversity
- Professional appearance, behavior and interaction
- Patient’s Bill of Rights
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA)
- Following testing procedures
V Patient Care Skills
- Understanding vital signs
- Steps of patient examination
- Wound care
- Staff and procedure
- Job tasks
- First Aid and CPR
VI Medical Terminologies
- Medical prefixes & suffixes
- Root words
- Cardiac and circulatory terminologies
60+ hours of live interactive learning
AMCA approved Study Guide
Medical Terminology Flashcards
Exam Preparation and Job interviews support
KHDA Approved Certificate
Exam cloned Practice questions
AMCA Certification Exam and AMCA Certificate